September 08, 2010

☼ Billy Bao - May 08 LP [August 2009 re-post]



by request...
"When I came from Lagos (Nigeria) to San Francisco (Bilbao) life was tough here or there. I did not mind, I had a purpose in my life: to fight the system that fucks up everyday of our life. Back in my hometown, I was an unknown songwriter but, as soon as I arrived to the streets of Bilbao, I discovered Punk Rock. It had energy and attitude and was exactly what I needed. Next thing was to get a band. I sought out the most primitive drummer in Bilbao, Alberto Lopez (ex-La Secta, ex-Yogur, ex-Atom-Rhumba), and the noisiest guitarist around, Mattin. The band was formed under my name, it could not have been any other way. These songs go beyond what rock and roll is and what it could be, in fact they are the degeneration of Rock & Roll against the regeneration of Bilbao."
Billy Bao (Mattin + Xabier Erkizia) is comparable to Stickmen With Rayguns-era Bobby Soxx. Billy describes his journey, beginning in Lagos where he was an ignored songwriter and soloist looking for a creative spark and outlet. It was in San Francisco, Spain, in the Basque area of Bilbao, that Billy discovered punk rock’s primal energy, and he became inspired to make this abhorrent pummeling scuzzrock that is so extremely harrowing. He hooked up with the drummer of La Secta and other local SOB’s and made songs full of unbridled anger and despair. This stuff is as scathing, violent, and agonizing as the Brainbombs.

Год: 2009
Страна: USA
Лейбл: Parts Unknown Records

Содержание:
01. Untitled (4:00)
02. Untitled (4:37)
03. Untitled (4:33)
04. Untitled (5:23)
05. Untitled (16:18)

Скачать:(RS)

No comments: