May 25, 2010

☼ Skinny Puppy & Severed Heads - Brave New Waves: "Techno Hell - Live In The Studio" [May 2008 re-post]



Brave New Waves was a Canadian radio program, which aired weeknights from midnight to 4 a.m. on CBC Radio Two from 1984 to 2007. The show profiled alternative and indie music and culture. The show aired for the first time on February 5, 1984. Its original host was Augusta La Paix. The following year, La Paix left the show and was replaced by Brent Bambury. Throughout the 1980s, Brave New Waves was an enormously influential and legendary show, providing many Canadians without access to campus radio with their main exposure to alternative music. Skinny Puppy & Severed Heads both played live in the studio which was aired on CBC Radio 2 on 9/29/1987 .

Год: 1987
Страна: Canada / Australia
Лейбл: n/a

Содержание:
【 Skinny Puppy 】
01. Intro [Brent Branbury] (0:47)
02. Improv [The Mourn] (7:42)
03. One Time One Place (5:56)
04. Brap 2 [Improv] (5:45)
05. Dig It (6:14)
06. Last Call (7:01)
07. After Show Interview (12:37)
08. Outro [Brent Branbury] (0:16)
Severed Heads
09. Halo (0:20)
10. Legion [aka. Big Blue Is Back] (3:42)
11. Propeller (5:17)
12. Oscar's Grind (4:45)
13. Mambo Fist Miasma (3:24)
14. Harold & Cindy Hospital (3:24)
15. Twenty Deadly Diseaes (3:47)
16. Petrol (4:13)
17. Outro 2 [Brent Branbury] (0:28)

Скачать: HERE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this posting. Brave New Waves was the only radio program I listened to throughout its run [I listen to even less radio now!] yet somehow I missed this episode. Severed Heads and Skinny Puppy were touring Canada together at the time. I saw them in Winnipeg and have been listening to them ever since. It'll be a trip listening to this!

-Brian

Anonymous said...

wow this sure brings me back!!! thanks. did you have this recorded onto a tape off the fm?

Anonymous said...

Thanks - I have been looking for this since I lost my cassette copy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks - I haven't heard this since I lost my cassette dub years ago.

Audiozobe said...

This is an excellent little find - thank you very much for sharing. It's an immense pleasure to hear Brant from the abyss of time - he was one of my early heroes on the national radio.